What is a LMS?Legacy
What is a learning management system (LMS)?
LMS stands for Learning Management Software. According to Wikipedia, a learning management system is a “term used to describe software tools designed to manage user learning interventions". Used internally by large enterprises for their employees, an LMS can be used to monitor the effectiveness of the organization’s education and training. Learning Management System helps an organization to easily create, deploy and manage learning and e-training. If you are using a web based Learning management System then all you need is a web browser and an LMS account, and you can begin utilizing a learning management application for training and e-learning. To be able to track and manage all your e-learning training, organizations are turning to learning management systems, especially web-based LMS applications. These web-based hosted LMS’s provide instant access 24/7.
What are the features of Learning Management Software (LMS)?
- Configure entire academic environment via single interface
- Manage entire Student Lifecycle from Admission to Graduation with LMS for Universities
- Highly Intitutive and collaborative content authoring publishing and management
- Incorporate multiple Content Types like SCORM, QTI, IMS content into your Learning Content in LMS
- Maintain complete details of your Faculty with LMS Faculty Profiling – Record al details including Skill Sets and Qualifications
- Effectively manage all Campus Facilities and Resources from a Single Window
- Manage End to End Faculty life-cycle
- LMS lets you Create, capture, store, share, preserve, search, and tag documents for efficient and effective document management
- Unique Collaborative Social LMS lets teachers and students create content in collaboration
- Centralize and automate administration
- Develop and maintain your personalized learning portfolio
- LMS provides you with the ability to manage Multiple types of Exams
What are the benefits of Learning management Software (LMS)?
Centralized Learning Environment to Ensure Consistency
An Learning Management Software helps you to deliver training with greater consistency. LMS system is available to individuals 24/7 from any location with web access and multiple users can access the LMS at any given point in time.
Facilitate e-learning with an online learning platform
LMS solutions include tools which helps author to easily import course content in various industry standard formats (e.g. SCORM) that have been created using separate authoring tools.
Tracking and Reporting for Enhanced Performance
The LMS allows faculty to track student’s performance. Faculty can review the records of results to determine success levels and actual time taken to complete each course and its components.
Consolidate all Learning Content into one System
Learning Management System (LMS) helps you to maintain all your Learning content in a single, consolidated system. So rather than having to search through several disparate systems and paper files to find what you need, the right LMS puts all the Learning Content at your fingertips.
Reduce training costs with an LMS
The right LMS system can reduce your delivery costs per course in a variety of ways, including enabling the cost-savings of e-learning (e.g. less travel by conducting online training sessions, more work time available, lower teaching costs, etc.) Academic Institution can offer courses through various media including instructor led training, web-based training, or webinars.
Don’t just take our word for it
Customers love Deskera!
I'm CEO of a digital marketing agency based out of India having a team of around 30 people and for me it used to be very difficult to manage and pay for different softwares for CRM, HRM, Books etc. Then I got to know about Deskera.
After watching 3 webinars and 7 days of trial finally I bought Deskera. And after using it for a few days I r...
My business life had been so wonderful these days when I finally found the best wonderful software, Deskera!
It 's really a perfect choice for me for it helps me to easily manage my company account in no time and just in one click due to the software brilliant functions. Deskera is Superb!
Hello everyone. New Deskera user here. My company, Conceptia, is a Management Consultancy based in Houston, Texas. I offer change management consulting and coaching services to oil and gas companies. I'm a long time Quickbooks user that has been wanting to leave them but could not find anything even remotely comparable to them until now! I think...